Vancouver is a large and vibrant city with an excellent selection of hotels & accommodation, but if you are visiting Vancouver and would prefer to spend your money at a hotel with solid environmental policies in place, why not take a close look at the following properties:
The Listel Hotel
The Listel Hotel has an eco-initiative in place known as Environment Matters through which the hotel and its staff are commited to:
- Work diligently to minimize waste and conserve natural resources, particularly through water and energy conservation
- Comply with all applicable environmental legislation and strive to follow best environmental practices
- Make environmental considerations an important aspect of decision-making;
- Review the objectives of Environment Matters: Our Eco-Initiative annually;
- Build partnerships in our community in order to share our message, educate ourselves, effect positive environmental change, and raise awareness for our guests and colleagues;
- Promise to consider the opinions and feedback of our guests when examining our environmental programs and procedures;
- Identify areas for improvement and innovation and support the efforts of the Environment Matters committee
In addition to the above commitments they recently installed solar panels and a heat recovery system.
With the responsible measures the Listel Hotel has in place, it is no surprise that they have achieved a rating of 4 keys in the Green Key Eco-Rating Program, and 4 green eco leaves from I Stay Green.
1300 Robson Street, Vancouver, BC
Tel: 604 684 8461
Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel
This property has also received an impressive 4 keys in the Green Key Eco-Rating Program, and an overview of this award can be seen here.
Some of the Marriot’s key green initiatives are:
- Developing green hotel guidelines and building “greener” hotels
- Greening our supply chain and purchasing environmentally friendly products
- Engaging employees and guests to support the environmment through their actions
- Reducing fuel and water consumption by 25% per available room over the next 10 years
- Helping to protect 1.4 million acres of endangered rainforest land in the Amazon
Further information about the property’s green initiatives can be found in their environmental practices document.
1133 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC
Tel: 604 689 9211
Hyatt Regency Vancouver
The Hyatt Regency Vancouver has also made it “easy to stay green” by achieving the 4 key rating in the Green Key Eco-Rating Program.
655 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia
Tel: 604 683 1234